Monday, January 12, 2009

Gilbert-flex



In the cheeseburger print, i played around with different layers and the colors I could explore within those layers. I decided a cheeseburger would be an interesting approach to experiment with usage of color and how those colors reacted with the other colors surrounding it. Most of my work is based on the colors that are put into it, and the positive or negative complements it gives off toward the story behind the piece, or the composition itself. An example of the color expressing the story behind the piece can be found in my second print, the queen. I used a burgundy oil based ink to capture the majestic-type mood given off by the subject matter of the print. The vertical lines used in the staff she holds give the impression of royalty in a high position of power such as hers.

No comments: